Saturday, June 6, 2009

Date Night
When Alicia was just a small little tike, our date night consisted of playing games after Alicia went to bed. We were poor and we didn't have money for babysitters, plus I didn't like getting babysitters. I really didn't like spending time away from my family. So when we made more money, we kept with the tradition of playing games after she went to bed because I didn't like spending time away from her! Then as she grew we turned out Friday nights into kind of a family date night with home baked pizza and either games or a movie.
These were some favorite game during these years.


When Alicia went away to college she used to call and tell her Dad that he needed to take Mom "out" on a date. We were so used to our Friday pizza and game night that we didn't think we needed to go out. Neal used to joke with her that :

She didn't buy it!
Well, I have to let you all know that for the past couple of months Neal had been taking me on the best dates a wife could ask for. March 28 Neal and I were called once again to be ordinance workers in the Portland, Oregon Temple every Friday night. And although we don't get to see much of each other while we are in the temple we have an hour of uninterupted time in the car driving up and back. But I love the feeling working in the temple brings into our home and relationship. Before our calling we attended the temple each week, different nights depending on our schedule each week and always stopped off at Burgerville on the way home for an ice cream cone (Burgerville has the best soft serve ice cream in the world, by the way!) And we still keep up the tradition of getting our ice cream cone on the way home! Life really doesn't get any better than this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still love game night! . . . and your pizza . . . and the Portland temple. I can't wait to take Randy to that temple--he still hasn't been there.