Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 3

Today started out without incident - the alarm most certainly did go off this morning. It did not go off yesterday or I would have heard that annoying sound!

Today was a quiet day in the hotel room for me, Shara. I spent the day listening to BYU-TV via the internet. It was so nice to just relax and listen to some uplifting talks. My favorite talk was by sister Barbara Thompson the new General Relief Society Second Counselor given at this years Women's Conference. I laughed and cried through the entire talk! Good for the soul.

After Neal's classes ended for the day we walked down "Shockoe Slip," a tree-lined cobble stone street and had dinner at Peking Pavilion. The dinner was good, but way too much for us to eat by ourselves, made us wish Alicia and Randy were there to share it with us. Neal had his usual Sweet & Sour chicken and I tried some thing called Mu Shu Pork (if I remember right!) It was shredded pork with scallions, mushrooms and cabbage served with flour pancakes and plum sauce. I asked the server if the pancakes were like American pancakes or if they were different. He said they were "Chinese pancakes" but didn't offer any further explanation. When my dinner came I found that the pancakes turned out to be none other than tortillas! So apparently I was to put my Mu Shu Pork in a tortilla with some plum sauce and roll it up to eat which I did, only omitting the plum sauce cause I wasn't real wild about that.

Shockoe Slip

After dinner we took a walk up to the State Capitol, toured the grounds and took a lot of pictures. With every picture I took Neal said "you need to blog that, you need to blog that!" I'm not going to bore you with the 1,300 picture I took of the Capitol (just an estimate of course!) but I will share a few of my favorite and say good night for now!


No comments: