Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 1

The journey begins~

Our day started at 2:30 this morning which meant we had about 4 1/2 hours of sleep, very reminiscent of our days as ordinance workers.

The ride to PDX was very uneventful and check in was a breeze and we were soon on our way.
Observation - Blueberry breakfast cheesecake tastes heavenly inflight!

Our flight to JFK was to be about 5 hours, but we our arrival was delayed 30 minutes due to "VIP traffic." Hmmm, I wonder who that could be! Sure enough President Bush had flown in and out of JFK and messed everything up. We didn't like JFK much. It was dirty and ugly. But just as JFK was dirty, ugly and unpleasant, the people were colorful, and kind and friendly. I wish I could have taken pictures of all the different cultures and nationalities and recorded the different languages and accents. This was my kind of Disneyland! I was in awe and wonder of the people. Reminded me of Loui Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World"

As we were sitting in JFK waiting for our flight to Richmond, we were amazed at the speed in which they were getting the flights back up after the "VIP" delays. That is until we boarded our flight (which was on time by the way) and had to wait an hour or so on the tarmack for take off! After waiting for 30 minutes or so we were informed that we were 30 or 40 in line for take off! At least the terminal was clearing out!

Observation - I've always had a fear of places I've never been, you know those preconceived ideas we get in our heads. Sitting in JFK I almost forgot I wasn't home and noticed that people are people no matter where you are!

We will say good night for today!
Here are a few pics from today.


I'ts all about being a cheesy tourist, isn't it!

Just a few of the interesting people we were able to capture on camera!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just have to say, blueberry cheesecake tastes heavenly no matter where you are!